A distribution transformer or service transformer is a transformer that provides the final voltage transformation in the electric power distribution system, stepping down the voltage used in the distribution lines to the level used by the customer.
Distribution transformers are classified into different categories based on certain factors such as:
- Mounting location – pole, pad, underground vault.
- Type of insulation – liquid-immersed or dry-type.
- Number of Phases – single-phase or three-phase.
- Voltage class.
- Basic impulse insulation level (BIL).
- Distribution Transformers (Amorphous/CRGO)– 500KVA, 300KVA, 200KVA, 100KVA, 50KVA, 25KVA, 15KVA, 11/0.415KV & 33/0.415KV.
Copyright © 2020 Alpha TND Limited. All rights reserved.